Saturday, February 18, 2012

Describe the last time you were stopped in your tracks by beauty.

It's a wonderful thing to witness beauty so breath-taking you're literally stopped in your tracks. It's happened to me a couple of times recently, and I'm torn as to which sight was most awe-inspiring. They were each magical in their own way.

My husband and I had the privilege of seeing full double rainbows very late one afternoon as we were driving around the lake to visit a friend. I think it's the only time I've ever witnessed such a thing in my life.... two rainbows side by side, with both of them beginning and ending at the horizon. Their brilliant colors were enhanced by the arrival of dusk. Of course I didn't have my camera, and it never occurred to me that I could have used my phone. The picture below was taken by my friend and co-worker as she looked out of her window at Mercer. The second rainbow barely shows up, and the picture hardly does justice to the spectacular sight. But it serves as a reminder of that remarkable afternoon--such a gift it was.


The second beautiful vision that stopped me in my tracks was the sight of my granddaughter sleeping. Aubree likes to sleep under the soft light of her toy seahorse, and she's the image of peaceful, pure, angelic innocence. Occasionally her eyes flutter and a small smile crosses her face, and I wonder what she's thinking about. Maybe she's having a wonderful dream. A sleeping baby is definitely a heart-melting sight.

Sleeping Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment