Friday, January 13, 2012

Don't think too hard... go with the first thought or memory that comes to mind: The word is FORTUNE. 10 minutes. Write.

I'm pondering which kind of fortune to write about. There's the kind of fortune that means you've amassed a lot of money, and the hypothetical type of fortune that determines whether events/issues will be favorable for you or not.  Neither of them holds a lot of personal meaning for me...

How much money is a fortune, anyway? If you have more money than you'll ever need, is that a fortune? I've heard the expression "he pissed away a fortune" but I've never personally known anyone who did that.

Of course, I can't think of the word "fortune" without picturing Pat Sajak, Vanna White, and their proverbial wheel--my mom's favorite TV show.

The funniest fortune I ever got in a cookie came once when I was eating lunch with my friend and co-worker Steve D.  It read: "Never depend on others to make you happy, you can do it yourself." Of course our minds immediately went to the gutter. I remember we started laughing so hard that I snorted ice tea out my nose!

That's it--all I've got on "fortune."

No comments:

Post a Comment